National Ambassador for Young People's Literature
Kate DiCamillo's National Ambassador Schedule
- 25 | Global reading Challenge at Seattle Public Library
- 26 | Visit to Bainbridge Island, Wash., for school trip and public event hosted by Eagle Harbor Book Co.
- 27 – 28 | Western Washington University Children's Literature Conference Bellingham, Wash.
- 12 | Love of Literacy Luncheon hosted by Palm Beach County Literacy Coalition
- 13 – 14 | “Stories Connect Us” Community Read hosted by the Florida Center for the Book
- 19 – 20 | Virginia Festival of the Book hosted by Virginia Foundation for the Humanities
- 9 | Kids Reading Across Rhode Island hosted by the Rhode Island State Center of the Book
- 8 – 13 | Alaska Community Tour, hosted by the Juneau Public Library
- 10 – 11 | Youth Community Reads hosted by Wood County District Public Library in Bowling Green, Ohio
- 12 | Community Mural Unveiling at Cuyahoga County Public Library in Parma, Ohio
- 15 | Pittsburgh: Our Stories Our Community hosted by Allegheny County Library Association (ACLA), Pittsburgh Arts & Lecture Series, and Allegheny Intermediate Unit (AIU 3)
- 12 – 14 | Savannah Children's Book Festival hosted by Live Oak Public Libraries
- 9 | 4pm | At Politics & Prose with past National Ambassadors Katherine Paterson and Jon Scieszka
- 10 | Inauguration ceremony, Library of Congress
- 5 | International Skype event
- March 5: World Read Aloud Day
- Skype conversations with the following locations: Mason-Rice Elementary, Mass.; Van Meter Community School, Iowa; Bannockburn School District, Ill. David C. Barrow Elementary, Ga.; Minnetonka Middle School West, Minn.; Ducketts Lane Elementary School, Md.; Holy Rosary School, Pa.; Saint Mary Catholic School, Mich.; American School Foundation, Mexico; Hong Kong Academy, Hong Kong
- Event will be hosted by Lisa Von Drasek, curator of the Children's Literature Research Collections at the University of Minnesota.
- Children's Book Week, New York, N.Y.
- 14 | Children's Choice Book Awards gala
- 30 | Library of Congress National Book Festival, Washington D.C.
- South Dakota Center for the Book, SD
- 25 | South Dakota Children's Book Festival — Children's Museum of South Dakota
- 26 – 27 | South Dakota Festival of Books
- Visit to Little Shop of Stories, Decatur, Ga.
- 13 | School visits
- 14 | Speech at Agnes Scott College