National Ambassador for Young People's Literature
Kate DiCamillo's National Ambassador Schedule
- 25 | Global reading Challenge at Seattle Public Library
- 26 | Visit to Bainbridge Island, Wash., for school trip and public event hosted by Eagle Harbor Book Co.
- 27 – 28 | Western Washington University Children's Literature Conference Bellingham, Wash.
- 9 | 4pm | At Politics & Prose with past National Ambassadors Katherine Paterson and Jon Scieszka
- 10 | Inauguration ceremony, Library of Congress
- 5 | International Skype event
- March 5: World Read Aloud Day
- Skype conversations with the following locations: Mason-Rice Elementary, Mass.; Van Meter Community School, Iowa; Bannockburn School District, Ill. David C. Barrow Elementary, Ga.; Minnetonka Middle School West, Minn.; Ducketts Lane Elementary School, Md.; Holy Rosary School, Pa.; Saint Mary Catholic School, Mich.; American School Foundation, Mexico; Hong Kong Academy, Hong Kong
- Event will be hosted by Lisa Von Drasek, curator of the Children's Literature Research Collections at the University of Minnesota.
- Children's Book Week, New York, N.Y.
- 14 | Children's Choice Book Awards gala
- 30 | Library of Congress National Book Festival, Washington D.C.
- South Dakota Center for the Book, SD
- 25 | South Dakota Children's Book Festival — Children's Museum of South Dakota
- 26 – 27 | South Dakota Festival of Books
- Visit to Little Shop of Stories, Decatur, Ga.
- 13 | School visits
- 14 | Speech at Agnes Scott College